Upper And Lower Extremity Arterial Evaluation
- The Arteries of the arms and legs are the main vessel that provides blood and oxygen to the muscles and tissue.
- The purpose of the exam is to evaluate blood flow, and to determine whether any narrowing or blockage exists.
- The exam typically takes 30 to 60 minutes and no test preparation is needed.
- Patients should wear loose-fitting clothes, that allows access to the arms or legs
- A water-based ultrasonic gel is applied to the skin and the Technologist will use an Ultrasound Transducer to acquire images.