- The Abdominal Aorta is the main artery in the abdomen that delivers blood flow to the Visceral System and to the lower extremities.
- The purpose of the exam is to evaluate blood flow, and to determine whether any narrowing, blockage, or vessel dilation exist.
- The exam typically takes 20 to 30 minutes and the patient is required to be fasting 6 hours prior to the exam. This also includes no smoking.
- Patients should wear loose fitting cloths, that allows access abdomen
- A water based ultrasonic gel is applied to the skin and the Technologist will use an ultrasound transducer to acquire images.